Tuesday 5 May 2009

Fancy dress

Unless you've been under a rock you know that the 2009 MET Costume Institute Gala just went down. So in an ode to a post which you are very likely to have seen on numerous other blogs I give you: my favourite outfits from the 'fashion event of the season'. Unfortunately I am a 'visual person' which means get ready for the onslaught of images!

Naturally as the theme was 'models as muse' the models were on top in terms of outfits. Lily looked amazing in Narciso Rodriguez.



I love this white number by Roland Mouret worn on Catherine McNeil.


Chanel Iman rocked a leopard print Zac Posen. Love the pink nails!



Miranda Kerr took a risky move in this Jil Sander, and managed to pull it off.


Rachel Bilson. The dark hair with the green Bally works a treat. Simple, understated and effective. And look at the hair!



Cute couple points go to Karen Elson and Jack White in Chanel.


Hilary Rhoda in Thakoon.


Coco Rocha following a smiliar colour palette in in Isaac Mizrahi.



I think I am just amused by this photo because they look like they're having a right good night out...and Twiggy is amazing.


Yes, the dress does slightly resemble a sweet wrapper...but guys, that's totally okay! Anne Hathaway in Marc Jacobs.


I'm sorry, but a little bit of John was required...I couldn't resist!! With Marion Cotillard in Christian Dior.


LOVED this Stella McCartney on Kate Bosworth. SO the whole lace and red lipstick has been done before, but it looks really good on her and evokes a little glamour. And I'm not going to lie, I'm swayed a little by THE hair.



There's something about this shade of peach in these Vera Wang ensembles that really draws me. It's not that 'girly' pink, and is made even less girly here by the black lipstick on Rachel Weisz. Seperately the dresses look a bit odd, but together they remind me of peachy mermaids.


Oh. My. Stam. Rodarte. Oh. My.



Diane Kruger in Chanel. It's fun whilst still keeping it classy.


Not someone who's outfit I expected to like, but I really like the weird textures of this Brian Reyes on Ivanka Trump .


Double whammy in this photo! Bar Refaeli is every bit the futuristic seashell in Marchesa, and I also spy another Rodarte going on in the background...


And finally Heidi obviously stole the show, wearing J.Mendel.


Who did you like? Who were your favourites? I wasn't particularly impressed by my usuals such as MK, and the less said about the Gossip Girl ladies, the better...

For a full gallery go here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, I want to hear it !